Michala White’s Resume + Experience
Freelance Writer | 2020 – Present
Self-Employed – New York, New York and Remote
- Researched trending topics daily for ideation of future articles and blog posts.
- Adapted written pieces into multiple forms of digital media following different style guides and editorial standards.
Operations Assistant | 2019-2020
Laily Mesbah Digital – New York, New York and Remote
- Created and published social media content for clients in the fashion, photography, art, and beauty industries.
- Managed brand communications for collaborations between brand representatives and models, artists, and influencers.
- Researched trending topics on fashion, beauty, and art to incorporate into content calendars.
Executive Assistant + Marketing Specialist | 2019
Aphrodite’s Secret – East Lansing, MI
- Enhanced the front-end web development for two medical skincare e-commerce sites.
- Upgraded the business model to increase sales by 30 percent and to maximize customer satisfaction.
- Developed a training manual for sales representatives to learn daily tasks in an efficient way.
Cashier + Key Holder | 2018-2019
Regeneration Thrift Store – Clawson, MI and Pleasant Ridge, MI
- Assisted store owners with the buying process of merchandise and store inventory for two stores.
- Operated the store independently and assigned tasks to team members.
- Practiced visual merchandising throughout the stores and posted new merchandise on Instagram daily.
- Promoted to shift supervisor within two months of employment.
Digital Content Director | 2016-2018
VIM Magazine – East Lansing, MI
- Managed a team of writers and editors to write blog posts and articles for vimmagazinemsu.com.
- Assigned blog posts to student editors, scheduled to publish edited articles on WordPress.
- Enhanced the website annually to improve usability and upgrade the front-end web development.
Staff Writer + Editor | 2018
ing Magazine – East Lansing, MI
- Researched, wrote, and photographed multiple articles published in print and digital monthly issues.
- Strategized relevant and trending topics to write content for both print and digital articles.
- Executed copyedits, developmental edits, submitted feedback, and proofread articles of the other 18 writers.
Editor + Social Media Manager | 2017
The Offbeat – East Lansing, MI
- Reviewed poetry and prose submissions and applied copyedits following The Chicago Manual of Style.
- Managed communication with authors through Submittable to keep updated and get their approval of edits.
- Monitored and updated all social accounts including Facebook and Twitter.
Relevant Coursework in technical writing, manuscript editing, marketing, content strategy, content creation, public relations, brand development, rhetorical writing, journalism, and media.
Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office Suite, AP Style, Chicago Manual of Style, WordPress, Wix, Hootsuite, Canva, Procreate, SEO, Organization (physical and digital), verbal and written communication, social media content creation, quick ability to learn new things, brainstorming.